PCI is seeking a top-level chef for an employer in Michigan. This is a permanent, full-time position with some travel requests.
This chef should have excellent experience in white tablecloth venues and private estates. The chef should be capable of managing the kitchen and food service for a busy, executive couple with family and guests. Presentation is important as is, a healthy food style.
This JD is from the estate:
This position is responsible for utilizing creativity to create an amazing culinary experience and provide exemplary hospitality service.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- • Prepare and present meals, including appetizers, soups, entrees, sides, breads, fresh-baked
desserts, snacks, and beverages, keeping presentation in mind.
- • Ensure promptness, freshness, quality, and variety of dishes.
- • Research and prepare diverse menus for Principals’ review, incorporating preferences, dietary
restrictions, and seasonal changes; ensure repetition is minimal.
- • Maintain journal of menu choices and preferences to ensure variety and reduce repetition.
- • Research and implement new techniques and ingredients.
- • Shop for groceries, beverages, and kitchen supplies; proactively maintain adequate inventory.
- • Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with local vendors, artisans, and retailers.
- • Maintain food and beverage products “in date” and discard expired items.
- • Prepare fresh, high quality, “to go” meals on occasion.
- Cleaning and Sanitation:
- • Maintain clean and sanitary chef kitchen and chef pantry, ensuring the highest health,
sanitation, safety, and food storage standards, including categorizing and label dating all food.
- • Conduct daily cleaning of surfaces, sweep and mop floors as needed and after meal service.
- • Maintain non-work surface stainless in a polished condition.
- • Conduct daily and deep cleaning of stove, oven, fryer, ice machine, sinks, microwave,
refrigerators, freezers, exhaust hood and chef’s dishwashers.
- • Empty and clean interior of trash bins daily as needed.
- • Keep pantry, shelves, cold storage, freezers, drawers, kitchen cupboards, and counters clean
and organized in family and chef kitchens.
- • Coordinate table settings, serve ware, and meal service themes with House Manager.
- • Provide meal service, clearing, and clean up with or in the absence of other staff.
- • Work with House Manager and staff to coordinate special dinner parties, events, and special
- • Create exciting flavor combinations with an awareness of the highest quality ingredients.
- • Superfood knowledge and health awareness a plus.
- • Understanding of food sourcing in its purest form.
- • Deep knowledge of organic products, balancing carbohydrates, proteins, and fats.
- • Prepare high quality and tasty smoothies and smoothie bowls.
- • Experience with vegetarian and vegan recipes and options.
- • Provide principals and staff with written and verbal instructions on how to prepare meals when
- • Skilled at portion control to minimize waste and control budget.
- • Stay abreast of food trends, cooking techniques and recipe research.
- • Value quality over quantity.
- • Efficiently communicate with other staff; attentively listen, accept direction, ask questions, work
- well with others and demonstrate a desire to be part of a team.
- • Ensure services are performed at the highest level of quality and hospitality.
- • Ability to handle constructive criticism in order to grow, learn and improve.
- • Arrive to work timely; fully utilize opportunities during downtimes to conduct research, recipe
- preparation, menu creation, clean and organize, and perform other administrative
- • Assist with seasonal and crucial duties of manager and other staff.
- • Produce, track and manage expense reports, paying close attention to and controlling budget
- within given restraints.
- • Complete other projects as assigned.
If interested and qualified, please write Jerry Masi at email@example.com.
To apply we will require a current resume, references/letters of recommendation, and a great chef photo of yourself. Any other media is very welcome, especially food photos, table settings, or social media of your work